B.Tech (Computer Science), a study of the theoretical foundations of information and computation, offers a foundation which permits the students to adapt new technologies and ideas. This branch of engineering has many sub-fields for e.g. computer graphics, computational problems, computational complexity theory, software engineering, algorithms, system architecture and much more. After doing B.Tech (Computer Science) from the Top engineering colleges, an individual can find a good job in the renowned IT company. He can work in various areas such as:-
1) Software Application:- Software is a set of programs that has been created by the programmers. In the software development, there are two kinds of people i.e. System analyst and Software programmer. The work of System analyst is to develop computer programs. In this regard, he analyzes the system and studies the way things are working. And software programmers give detailed instructions to the computer for solving the provided problem. They usually work on descriptions and guidelines give by system analysts.
2) Sales and Marketing:- Each company wants to develop its business more and more. In sales and marketing job, one can involve in selling the computer system and its marketing to various companies. We can define software applications and solutions selling activity as Business Development.
3) Support and Application services:- In support and application services, an individual helps the customer in the purchase of the software. He guides him about the right kind of an application and for this, he also provides him the training of its usage.
4) Computer Operations:- After doing B.Tech (Computer Science), one can work in computer operations. The computer operations involve handling of computer peripherals as well as other accessories such as CD-ROMs, disk drives, printers etc. So one can easily make one’s career in this field.
5) Programmers or coders:- As a programmer, the employee writes the programs as well as tests them. He is also able to convert the strategies of the system analyst into working programs. As a programmer, there are so many requirements available in the IT industry. So after completing the study, one can easily start his career as a programmer.
In short, B.Tech (Computer Science) program brings a lot of job opportunities for the students. Sharda Group of Institutions also conducts this course at its affiliated engineering colleges. This institution has also acquired university status recently and after that it has become Sharda University now.